After being awarded a $600M contract to design and build 32 steam generators for the Bruce Power Major Component Replacement Program, BWXT—a 60-year-old unionized company based in Cambridge, Ontario—needed to find managers with special knowledge who could provide direction and support as they ramped up their teams and grew the business.
LHH Knightsbridge Recruitment Solutions
- Worked closely with BWXT HR and hiring managers to understand their business needs and requirements for each role.
- Initiated a team-based recruitment approach with a combination of researchers and search partners working together on several roles simultaneously.
- Managed the entire process—from proactively searching for talent, gaining feedback on candidates in play, to completed compensation and job offer phases.
The Results and Impact
Completed three confidential assignments in 80 days for:
- Manager, Human Performance
- Manager, Health, Safety and Environment
- Manager, Labour Relations
Ensured minimal disruption at the plant due to the confidential nature of the search process.
Attained a 100% offer acceptance rate following extensive background and reference checks.
Client reports all the new hires are doing very well and have already made significant contributions to BWXT.