Lee Hecht Harrison is the world’s leading talent development and transition company. We have offices in more than 60 countries around the world and are part of the Adecco Group, the world’s largest HR solutions company.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager; you will work in our Amsterdam office and be responsible for all accounting tasks for the Belgian and Dutch entities. Reporting to the CFO of EMEA (with a dotted line to other key stakeholders), you will perform a full range of accounting tasks – including reviewing the work.
This is an opportunity to use your technical knowledge and management skills within a fast-growing company. With your strong willingness to learn, grow and collaborate you will enable the team to thrive and reach its full potential!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Full ownership of the balance sheet and general ledger accounting activities, including the review of balance sheet reconciliations. (Successful candidates must be confident to critically assess all balances and movements).
- Ensures financial information is reviewed to identify any issues that would impact the accuracy and reliability of financial information presented.
- Detailed review and reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances (as viewed from a consolidated Group perspective).
- Preparation and calculation of monthly bonus & commission accrual.
- Preparation of the annual statutory financial statements and participate in the annual audit.
- Ensures timely submission of USGAAP financial information for Group reporting & consolidation.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Supports month-end processes to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close through continual internal process improvement.
- Ensure accounting books and records comply with Corporate accounting policies.
- Ensure the entity is tax-compliant.
- Management of the finance team - 3FTE
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in an international company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields, must have a background in accounting.
- Knowledge of local corporation tax treatment and administration.
- Experience with US GAAP.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch & English (speaking & writing)
- Organised and methodical in approach.
Other attributes that would put you ahead of the pack:
- Possession of a professional accountancy certification, such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA, Part-qualified at a minimum.
- A working knowledge of Dutch and/or Belgian GAAP and statutory requirements of the region.
- Experience with Oracle/JD Edwards.
- Ability to work independently and improve processes.
Other Points to consider:
- Regular travel to Belgium will be required.
Questions? Interested? Send your application or contact to Anne van Hal, Corporate Recruiter LHH, 06-30481054, email@example.com