Large Canadian Bank
A large Canadian bank wanted an interim senior HR leader to coach them through a period of transformation
Want to know how we can help your company?Get in touch
The investment banking group of a large Canadian bank was preparing for a period of transformation and a reorganization due to changes in their business environment and wanted to hire an interim senior HR manager who could provide continuity of operations, lay the groundwork for an eventual successor, and create a strategy before they hired a full-time senior HR leader.
An interim assignment
LHH worked closely with the bank’s team to understand the capabilities they wanted in an interim HR executive, including the ability to provide continuity until a full-time successor was in place.
We recommended that the bank select a more experienced leader to drive fundamental changes so that the successor could then maintain the changes after the interim assignment was completed.
The Results and Impact
The interim leader was instrumental in:
- Identifying the high performers who had the greatest potential as future leaders
- Identifying employees who could be transferred and transitioned into an agile team of high performers and the development they needed
- Making strategic decisions on terminations, promotions and transfers
- Coaching the executive team through the transformation
- Providing the successor with a highly functional team and an effective succession plan
Want to learn smart ways to boost your company's performance?