In our 2022 Compensation & Workforce Trends Survey, employers told us that IT/Tech workers were the most essential to the health of their organization. That must be why 66% of those surveyed said they planned to backfill IT and tech roles eliminated during the COVID-19 pandemic.
So, what kind of IT talent is in highest demand? Based on our knowledge of the national IT and tech job market, these are the top three positions IT departments will be looking to fill in the coming year:
- Extracts and analyzes data and communicates conclusions that drive efficiency and process.
- Collaborates with data engineers and stakeholders on defining KPIs, data selection, preprocessing and formatting data sets for analysis.
- Possesses the ability to define, extract, analyze and implement insights within big data tools.
- Usually reports to Business Intelligence Manager or Director.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- An advanced degree in area of specialty may also be required.
Base Salary by Experience: 0-2 years: $87,452, 3-10 years: $113,651, 10+ years: $142,114
- Maintains, configures, and troubleshoots cyber security systems.
- Coordinates cyber security audits and communicates results.
- Pursues necessary changes of critical tasks identified from audits.
- Develops, documents, and communicates cyber security policies and procedures.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 5 years of relevant experience.
Base Salary by Experience: 0-2 years: $120,181, 3-10 years: $131,161, 10+ years: $143,170
- Defines and executes cloud automation strategy for enterprise applications and application components.
- Supports, maintains, and develops cloud-based software.
- Builds innovative and reliable solutions to meet demanding customer needs.
- Usually works with minimal supervision.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Base Salary by Experience: 0-2 years: $125,024, 3-10 years: $140,969, 10+ years: $162,832
Want additional insights to help you advance your marketing career? Download our 2022 IT Career Guide now.
Ready for your next great opportunity? Search jobs today >